Five things parents can do to keep their kids healthy
All parents want the best for their kids, but it’s not always an easy task. Particularly when it comes to healthy habits, it can be a daunting task to make proper care routine. However, with the right plan in place, it’s very possible to keep your kids healthy with the right concepts. Here are five ideas to get you going:
- Keep them active. Activity is an essential necessity for children (beyond things like water, food and shelter!). Make a point to have them go outside and be active after school, and on the weekends. If you live in a warm climate this is quite easy year round. In colder areas it’s still doable: one great trick is to set up an indoor obstacle course.
- Mental stimulation. Just as important as physical activity is keeping minds sharp. Depending on your child’s age, this can range anywhere from setting aside time to color, to picking a book they’ll read on a regular basis.
- Limit screen time. Sometimes, a tablet or the TV is needed to keep a child entertained while you go about parts of your day. That being said, you want to make sure your kid doesn’t get hooked, so make some time limits and stick to them.
- Reduce sugar. Modern parents seem to be very mindful of this tip. A kid loaded up on sugar will go hyper, followed by an unpleasant crash.
- Loosen up occasionally. It’s also healthy to let the restrictions go sometimes! Indulgences like watching lots of movies on a rainy day or having a bunch of fresh baked cookies is a whole different type of healthy that is also important.